It has been a while since I last posted and as I have now hit my fifth month of blogging (time really does fly!) I figured it might be fun to do a tag post like my first post on this blog. Because Christmas is coming up I thought I might as well make it a seasonal one! Enjoy!
- What is your favorite Christmas movie? That is a though one! Does Frozen count as a Christmas movie? Actually, my favorite Christmas movie is Snowglobe with Christina Milian. I cannot really tell you why but it is the Christmas movie that has been on my mind forever! I especially loved the quote: “Perfection comes in many flavors.”
- Have you ever had a white Christmas? As a child I used to have a white Christmas quite a lot of times. In the Netherlands it can get pretty cold during the winter so we used to get quite some snow. Sadly I think it has been over ten years since I have had a white Christmas.
- Where do you usually spend Christmas? I always spend Christmas with my family. Now that I live on my own I like to go home for the holidays. While I am not the biggest Christmas fan I do think that it is the perfect occasion for spending time with my family.
- What is your favorite Christmas song? My favorite Christmas song is Why couldn’t it be Christmas everyday by Bianca Ryan!
- Do you get gifts on Christmas eve? In the Netherlands we have another holiday which is about giving gifts so we do not give gifts with Christmas. To me Christmas is still very much about the Christian tradition of celebrating the birth of Jesus so I rather not make it a commercial holiday. Most importantly I just think that Christmas should be about spending time with your loved ones, not commercial stuff.
- Do you have any Christmas traditions? Come to think of it I don’t.
- Fake or real tree? Real! Having a fake Christmas tree is unthinkable for me. I love the smell of Christmas trees and the fact that they do shed their needles.
- What do you like best about Christmas food-wise? The fact that I get to eat a lot of food and nobody will judge me for it (bless my heart because this year I have 4 Christmas dinners… 4!).
- What is your dreamspot to visit during Christmas? I would love to have the opportunity to visit Scandinavia and see the Northern Lights with Christmas. That would be a dream come true!
- Are you any good at wrapping gifts? I get paid to wrap gifts so I guess you could say I am pretty good at it.
- Do you have any new year’s resolutions? 2017 for me will be about focussing more on what is good for me and making my goals and dreams come true. Because happiness is so much linked with how we treat ourselves and how we let others treat us. So in 2017 I want to make sure that I am the best possible version of myself for myself.
- What makes Christmas special to you? I love all the Christmas lights, the coziness, the carols and just the joy of seeing all my family again.
Thank you guys for reading today’s post and I would love to hear what your plans are for Christmas!