Welcome to my blog! Since this is my first post I thought it might be interesting to give you guys some more information about me. So, today I’ll do a Get to Know Me tag. I got these questions off Ysis’s blog.
1. Are you named after anyone? I don’t think so, I don’t really know a lot about why I’m named Nica. My mom always jokes that I would have been named Nico had I been a boy. I do know that my name comes from Nike or Nicholas. They both mean ‘the unbeatable’. I personally always find this very ironic because I’m terrible at sports or anything which requires being physically coordinated. Updated version: I let my mom read this and actually she wanted me and my siblings to all have names ending with the ‘a’ and she wanted our names to be short (still upset about the fact that I don’t have a second name). So when she was pregnant with me she came across the name Nico and changed the ‘o’ into an ‘a’ (she also agrees that the meaning of my name is ironic, love you too mom!).
2. When was the last time you cried? That would be a little while ago.
3. Do you have kids? Nope and I don’t plan on having kids anytime soon. I want to finish my two bachelors and get some work experience first. I do know that I want kids, being a mom is definitely something I can see in my future.
4. If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself? Well I hope I would be haha. I know I can be hard on people at times but I do think that I’m a loyal friend. If my friends are going through something I’m always there for them either with verbal support or food (I like to believe that food is pretty much a cure to everything). So I would like to think that I would be a friend of myself.
5. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Ha, maybe.
6. Will you ever bungee-jump? It is definitely on my bucketlist so if I ever find myself in a situation where the opportunity arises I would. Life is too short to regret the things you didn’t do.
7. What’s your favorite cereal? In the Netherlands cereal isn’t that big of a deal. However, when I lived in the USA I did pretty much try every cereal type there is. Honey loops are my favorite ones since all the chocolate flavored cereal turn the milk into chocolate milk. I really don’t like chocolate milk. Milk? Love it! Chocolate? Love it! Chocolate milk? Hate it!
8. What’s the first thing you notice about people? The first thing I notice about people is their hair or shoes. To me hairstyles and shoes say a lot about a person.
9. What is your eye colour? Green
10. Scary movie or happy endings? Happy endings, I really like watching movies which end on a good note because it gives me hope and distracts me from all the awful things going on in the world.
11. Favorite smells? Mango, papaya and this laundry detergent.
12. Summer or winter? Is fall an option? I made fall an option. I really love the way the leaves change colours. Sitting in front of a fireplace with a good book and a big cup of tea while it rains outside. Maybe I’m a bit biased since my birthday is in October.
13. Computer or television? Computer, now that I live on my own my television reception is awful so I watch a lot of Netflix and I like to write which also requires my laptop.
14. What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home? I lived in the United States for a year when I was 15 years old. That is definitely the furthest but also the longest I’ve been away from home.
15. Do you have any special talents? I’ve been thinking about this one for a little while but I can’t really think of anything besides my dedication to Netflix at times.
16. Where were you born? In the Netherlands where I still live.
17. What do you like to do? I really like singing especially during doing the dishes which is otherwise the most dreadful chore ever! Furthermore, I enjoy reading, listening to music, going out for drinks with my friends, an occasional night of dancing and doing mine and my friends’ make-up. Finally, I love love baking, nothing quite relaxes the soul like swirling frosting onto cupcakes.
18. Do you have any pets? We’re not allowed to have pets but at my mom’s we have two crazy but very sweet cats.
19. Favorite movie? When I’m sad I like to watch either Easy A or The DUFF, I really really liked Inception and have a soft spot for Big Hero 6 and Frozen. I know, I know, I’m still a kid at heart.
20. Do you have any siblings? Yes, I have one older sister (24), a younger brother (almost 16) and two half-brothers (5 & 6).
21. What do you want to be when you grow up? Above all, happy. But careerwise I would like to work in either marketing or the television world. However, ideally I would like to be a writer. My mother is a writer and ever since I’ve been able to write I’ve loved writing. Everything from stories to made-up interviews. I am partially majoring in Creative Writing, maybe one day something will come of it.
22. If there is one thing you would like to share with the world, what would it be? I can think of a lot of things but if I had to pick one it would be: Don’t overthink everything, things often seem worse in our minds than they are in real life. We miss out on a lot of things because we are afraid of getting hurt or of the consequences. Don’t live your life in fear of what might happen. Life is too short to regret the chances we didn’t take, how corny it may sound.
I hope you guys liked this post. Be sure to check back for a new post soon and let me know what you thought!